The principal charge of the Faculty Welfare Committee is to advise the Division and confer with administrative agencies on all matters involving the economic welfare of the faculty, including but not limited to the level of salaries, salary determination methodology, benefits, insurance, retirement, housing and conditions of employment. Due attention will be given to matters of particular concern to emeriti.
- Eleven voting faculty members, of whom at least two members are emeriti - appointed by the Committee on Committees and approved by the Legislative Assembly for a three-year term
- Two student representatives - 1 graduate student and 1 undergraduate student appointed by their respective student government agencies (votes reported separately)
- One member serves as a representative of the PreK-12 Advisory Council
- An Emeriti Representative serves as the Emeriti Retirees Relations Liaison
- The Chair serves as a representative of the Semel HCI Steering Committee
- The Chair serves as a member of the systemwide University Committee on Faculty Welfare
Interactions with Administration The Faculty Welfare Committee consults with the Vice Chancellor for Academic Personnel and the Administrative Vice-Chancellor.
The Faculty Welfare Committee typically meets once a month during the academic year.
FWC Chair: Phillip Bonacich, Bonacich@soc.ucla.edu
Committee Analyst: Renee Rouzan-Kay, firstname.lastname@example.org