- UCLA Procedural Manual for the Reviews of Proposals for Academic Programs and Units (updated May 2003)
- Procedures used by the Administration and the Academic Senate in the evaluation and approval of proposals to establish, disestablish, or modify academic programs and units.
- UC Compendium: Universitywide Review Processes for Academic Programs, Academic Units, & Research Units (updated September 2014)
- Processes for proposals to establish, transfer, consolidate, change the name of, discontinue, or disestablish graduate degree programs, schools, colleges, and research units.
Self-Supporting Graduate Professional Degree Programs
To access self-supporting graduate professional degree program-related guidelines, proposal templates, and resources, go to the SSGPDP Proposal webpage.
- Guidelines for the Development of New Self-Supporting Graduate Professional Degree Program Proposals at UCLA (approved May 17, 2019)
- UCLA Guide to Graduate Program Approval (updated July 2019)
- Prepared in collaboration with the Registrar’s Office, the Graduate Division, and the Graduate Council, to assist faculty and staff in preparing graduate program proposals.
- State-Support Graduate Program Proposal Template
- UCLA Guide to Graduate Course Approval (updated August 2021)
- Prepared in collaboration with the Registrar’s Office, the Graduate Division, and the Graduate Council, to assist faculty and staff in preparing graduate course approval requests.
- UCLA Graduate Distance Education Course Approval Policy (approved August 2021)
- Guidelines for Interdisciplinary Certificates for Matriculated Graduate Students (approved December 4, 2009)
- UC Coordinating Committee on Graduate Affairs Handbook (updated September 2021)
- Reference for campus faculty and staff members tasked with preparing graduate degree program proposals for submission to CCGA.
- UCLA Guide to Undergraduate Course and Program Approval (updated Spring 2019)
- Prepared in collaboration with the Registrar’s Office and the Undergraduate Council, to assist faculty and staff in preparing undergraduate course and program approval requests.
- UCLA Undergraduate Fully Online Course Approval Policy (updated Spring 2021)
- Diversity Course Guidelines and Diversity Course Information Sheet for course proposal submissions (updated Winter 2022)
- General Education Course Proposals
- Writing II Course Proposals