Academic units are encouraged to consult with Senate staff early in the process to discuss proposals related to academic programs and courses.
For undergraduate proposals, please contact Julia Nelsen, Undergraduate Council Analyst.
For graduate proposals, please contact Emily Le, Graduate Council Analyst. Academic units proposing self-supporting graduate professional degree programs (SSGPDPs) should visit the SSGPDP Proposal webpage for additional information and resources.
- UCLA Compendium
Policies and procedures for proposals to establish, disestablish, or modify academic programs and units at UCLA (graduate and undergraduate).
- UC Compendium: Systemwide Review Processes for Academic Programs, Academic Units, & Research Units
Policies and procedures for proposals to establish, transfer, consolidate, change the name of, discontinue, or disestablish graduate degree programs, schools, colleges, and research units.
- UC Coordinating Committee on Graduate Affairs Handbook
Reference for campus faculty and staff members tasked with preparing graduate degree program proposals for submission to CCGA.
To access self-supporting graduate professional degree program-related guidelines, templates, and resources, visit the SSGPDP Proposal webpage.
- Guidelines for Interdisciplinary Certificates for Matriculated Graduate Students
- UNEX Certificate Program Guidelines
- UCLA Course Approval Manual
Policies and procedures to assist faculty and staff in preparing course approval requests (graduate and undergraduate).
- Graduate Distance Education Course Information Sheet
- Program Requirements Mode of Delivery Tracking Sheet
- Diversity Course Proposal Guidelines and Diversity Course Information Sheet
For information on course submission, visit the Diversity Education Governance Committee webpage.