The Executive Board coordinates and reviews actions and proposals from Senate committees and administration. Consults with and advises the Divisional Chair on all matters, including issues brought to attention from outside the Senate’s or administration’s formal structures. Acts on all matters, except legislation, in the name of the Los Angeles Division at times when the Legislative Assembly cannot readily be convened or when haste is required.
- Eleven voting faculty members -- 8 at-large members elected for two-year terms from Senate faculty by the Legislative Assembly; 3 elected for three-year terms by and from Senate faculty (elected as Senate Vice Chair, succeeding to Chair, then to Immediate Past Chair).
- Five ex-officio, faculty members -- appointed for one-year terms as Chairs of the Graduate Council, Undergraduate Council, Council on Planning and Budget, Faculty Welfare Committee, and the Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Two student representatives -- 1 undergraduate and 1 graduate appointed by their respective student government associations (votes reported separately).
- Academic Senate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Special Committee
- This special committee shall consist of three members of the Executive Board (with a preference for the Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Chair as one of the members), one member of the Committee on Committees, and one member of the Council on Academic Personnel. It shall remain within the Executive Board’s purview to reconstitute the special committee’s membership as needed.
The special committee shall have the following duties:
-Confer with and advise the Executive Board on matters pertaining to the Senate’s DEI initiatives.
-Identify areas of improvement within the Senate and develop recommendations to advance and support diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in committees and councils, membership, and Leadership.
-Examine and evaluate the efficacy of implemented policies and procedures in furthering Senate DEI goals.
-Review Senate DEI faculty award applications and select recipients.
- Campus Response to the Climate Crisis Special Committee
- This special committee shall consist of one member of the Executive Board (with a preference for the Faculty Welfare Committee chair) and three ordinary members of the Division with subject matter expertise related to the climate crisis, selected by the Chair in consultation with the Executive Board and the Committee on Committees.
This special committee shall have the following duties:
-Confer with and advise the Executive Board on matters pertaining to the climate crisis impacts and mitigation on campus, related policy proposals, educational programs addressing the climate crisis, and climate crisis research.
-Develop recommendations for climate-related changes to campus policy and practice, and review campus response to climate crisis.
-Promote efforts to increase the campus response to the climate crisis in the curriculum and research, with a focus on activities under faculty purview.
-Serve on relevant campus or UC systemwide committees as determined by the Academic Senate Chair, and report to the Executive Board on climate crisis-related actions and conversations.
- Endowed Chairs Subcommittee
- This subcommittee shall consist of three members of the Executive Board (with a preference for a member from a medical field as one of the members), including the Vice Chair/Chair Elect as one of the members. It shall remain within the Executive Board’s purview to reconstitute the subcommittee’s membership as needed.
The subcommittee shall have the following duties:
-Confer with and advise the Executive Board on matters pertaining to endowed chair funding, practices, and policies at UCLA.
-Review endowed chair requests and make recommendations to the Executive Board for approval or denial.
-Make recommendations for clarifications or changes to existing university policies about creating and funding endowed chairs.
-Submit an annual report each spring quarter to the Executive Board summarizing its activities.
Interactions with Administration: The Executive Board meets as needed with administrators. Including regular briefing from the Executive Vice Chancellor and Vice Chancellor for Finance & Budget.
The Executive Board meets twice a month during the academic year, and on an as needed basis in summer months.
Senate Chair: Andrea Kasko (2023-24), email@example.com
Senate Executive Director: April de Stefano, firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Analyst: Adriana Rosalez, email@example.com