Updated: December 2022
Eligible faculty may apply to one of the following programs per academic year.
Faculty Research Grants (FRG)
- $10,000 maximum
- Application Period (2023-24 cycle): December 14, 2022, 9:00 a.m. to February 15, 2023, 5:00 p.m. P.S.T.
Research Enabling Grants (REG)
- $2,000 maximum
- Application Period (2023-24 cycle): December 14, 2022 9:00 a.m. to February 15, 2023, 5:00 p.m. P.S.T.
The Council on Research (COR) has agreed to waive its no extension policy once more and for a final time. The 2020-21 and 2021-22 research grants will be automatically extended for another fiscal year, through June 30, 2023. The decision is based on the general disruption to research activities due to the pandemic.
- Applicants will be notified of decisions by May 2023.
- Under no circumstances will the Council on Research accept applications after the deadline.
- Funds must be spent by June 30. No Extensions. No Exceptions.
- For additional funding opportunities, please refer to the ORCA website.
- Attention: State Funded Travel Prohibition (effective January 1, 2017; updated June 23, 2017) and FAQ
- Other travel resources: UC Trip Planner web portal, travel registration and Worldcue mobile app.
- Guide: My Research Grant History in DMS